Testing Events - Registration Process
Time & Location
About The Event
Please carefully read the following before registrating!
SAFETY GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDING AN IN-PERSON CHURCH SERVICE
- For details, updates, and registration, please visit www.shilohadventist.ca/re-opening
- Please note that registration happens on Thursday and Friday before the Sabbath you wish to attend.
- Pre-Registration is required to help us keep record of those attending services. An online pre-registration form needs to be completed for each person attending (e.g., One form doesn’t cover a family of 5 people).
- There will be no roaming around in the Fellowship Hall or around the building. Children must remain with parents/parents must have their children with them at all times.
- Respectful behaviour towards our volunteers and each other is expected at all times. Disrespectful behaviour will not be permitted on the premises. Thank you for your patience, kindness, and understanding during this difficult time.
What do I do if I want to attend a service in-person one Sabbath at Shiloh?
- Visit https://www.shilohadventist.ca/re-opening.
- Read and/or watch the protocols / expectations for attendance.
- On Thursday or Friday before the Sabbath you wish to attend, you must pre-register online via church website: https://www.shilohadventist.ca/events. Please call our Church Clerk to register if you cannot register online.
- Please have on your mask before entering the building (unless there is a medical condition that prohibits the use of a mask).
- Enter through the kitchen door (primary entrance during this time). Wash hands with sanitizer. Line-up (socially-distanced) in the kitchen.
- Wait until the Deacon or volunteer invites you to approach the intake station. The Deacon or volunteer will go through the check-in process (e.g., confirm name on list; ask screening questions to help make sure that you do not have symptoms of COVID-19).
- Once cleared, please follow the signage to the double-doors (by the coat area) that lead to the sanctuary. This is the main entry door to the sanctuary. PLEASE NOTE: If you have a coat or sweater, you must take it with you into the sanctuary.
- A Deacon will indicate the next available and safe place to sit in the sanctuary (e.g., benches will be marked / closed; the front row of each side will be filled first before moving to the next available row). No choice of seating at this time.
EXITING SANCTUARY AND CHURCH BUILDING
- To exit the sanctuary, only use the double doors at the back (this will be our primary exit point). Follow signage.
- To exit the building, go through the double doors that lead to the parking lot. Follow signage.
- AFTER ENTRY: Line-up outside the washroom doors. 2 people at a time? Follow signage to the sanctuary.
- DURING SERVICE: Leave the sanctuary through the back doors and follow signage to the washroom. To re-enter the sanctuary, follow signage once again towards the coat area towards the main sanctuary entrance.
What Should NOT Happen
- Limit movement back and forth (e.g., if possible, once you enter the building, stay until you need to exit)
- No eating in the sanctuary / fellowship hall (e.g., Kitchen is for registrations).
- No in-person children’s Sabbath School / Adult small classes
- No congregational singing (e.g., hymnals and Bibles will not be by each pew)
- No meeting and greeting (only welcome from the pulpit)
- Offering -- give at entry / registration entry (box at the door; pray over it later)
- No greeting at end of service (e.g., handshake / hugs) Pastor, platform party as per usual at the exit
- There will be no preferred seating (e.g., deacons will show you the next available seats based on social distancing)